“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens
Where you can help:
- Are you are interested in working with our students on their high school level prep material? Tutors must complete an interviewing process and be trained to work as enthusiastic coaches who will encourage our students to reach their goals. Teaching and/or tutoring experience required, mentoring experience a plus.
- Tutors will be trained to work with students in our G.E.D. Prep Lab and Adult Literacy Lab.
- Volunteer tutors can serve Monday – Thursday from 12:00-3:00.
- We give a bookmark to every child that receives books from us; that’s over 2,100 bookmarks a year! We offer bookmark craft kits for groups that contain blank bookmarks, markers, and educational information about literacy. Your scout troop, 4-H club, youth group, art class, or craft club can pick up a kit, decorate the bookmarks however you’d like, personalize them with a positive message, and send them back to us for distribution to the kids in our community. This is a great way to learn more about the importance of literacy and connect with our students in a meaningful way.
Get In Touch!
Mailing Address: 2033 Edward Lane West | Kimball, MI 48074
- 3110 Goulden Street| Port Huron, MI 48060
- (810) 824-3932
- Mike Hinkley